Kids Dig Food offers specialised nutrition and dietetics services dedicated to helping kids and families enjoy mealtimes together, with friends and in their wider community. Kids Dig Food has been based in Brisbane and Moreton Bay regions since 2013.
We support children with disabilities, with or without NDIS funding”. And if possible, please add the We LOVE NDIS logo I provided next to or near this statement. I’ve attached it again to this email.
We help children who:
- Are fussy, picky or difficult to feed, or have limited food variety
- Have struggles with food due to Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and sensory processing challenges
- Consistently and persistently refuse food or selectively exclude whole food groups
- Appear to be disinterested in food
- Have growth or weight concerns (under or overweight)
- Have nutrient deficiencies, constipation or special diets e.g. vegetarian
- React to food (suspected or diagnosed food allergy or intolerance)
- Have food refusal and food aversions related to a history of food allergies or intolerance
Phone: 1300 971 609
Fax: 07 3036 6809
PO Box 138, North Lakes QLD 4509
We help parents and carers:
- Feel supported and confident with feeding their picky eater.
- Improve family mealtime and feeding dynamics between parents, carers and children to prevent and correct feeding problems and counterproductive feeding practices.
- Help parents feed their child with special needs inclusively, in the context of the family.
- Ensure that their child is getting adequate nutrition for their age and development.
- Manage concerns about their child’s weight using a weight-neutral, non-diet approach.
- Start solid foods for infants and help children to eat developmentally appropriate textures.
- Adapt meals to be suitable for children with food allergies.
Deb Blakley, Accredited Practising Dietitian & Director
Deb delights in supporting grown-ups (parents, carers and educators) to positively and joyfully connect or reconnect with food and eating. She is an Accredited Practising Dietitian & Nutritionist who is passionate about kids learning to love food from birth and beyond. Deb’s experience spans 20+ years as a Dietitian, including 10+ years in paediatric and family nutrition. Deb uses Ellyn Satter’s feeding dynamics models to support families to re-establish successful feeding relationships and she is trained in the Sequential Oral Sensory (SOS) Approach to Feeding. Deb believes that ALL bodies are amazing, and she applies a weight-neutral, non-diet approach in supporting kids to grow into the bodies that are right for them. Her approach supports parents, carers, families and educators to make decisions about nutrition and health from a place of care and consideration rather than control. Deb’s other job is Mum to a feisty tween daughter.
Deb values collaborating with her clients’ wider health care teams so that everyone is working together to support you, the client!