Johan has extensive qualifications across many areas
- Vocational Graduate Diploma of Counselling: Addiction
- Graduate Diploma in Psychology
- Diploma of Professional Counselling
- Advanced Study Major in Abuse Counselling
- Advanced Study Major in Workplace Counselling
- Masters Theology
- Bachelor of Theology
- Bachelor of Arts
He has a special interest and experience in childhood trauma and the impact it has on the brain, adult life and relationships.
He spent several years working with men, who have significant anger issues and tend to use violence in their families, to become the partner and father they want to be.
In addition, he supported numerous victims of Domestic and Family Violence to overcome their low self-esteem, gain confidence and empowerment.
Johan has a passion for working with families and couples, specifically parent and child attachment.
He loves to work with children and adolescents, including those with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Some of the other areas Johan treats include:
- Anxiety (social, generalized, separation, panic disorder and specific phobias)
- Depression and Bipolar Disorder
- Personality Disorder (e.g., Borderline Personality Disorder and Narcissism)
- Autism, Aspergers and ASD
- Couples Counselling
- Grief and Trauma
He has been trained in and applies the principles and strategies of:
- Theraplay Therapy
- Autplay Therapy (play therapy for autistic children)
- Schema therapy (ST)
- Family Systems Theory
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Solution focussed Therapy
- Attachment Theory
- Sand tray Therapy
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP)
Johan provides services privately and for NDIS participants (he does not provide